Sunday, July 5, 2015

WARHOL'S SUPERSTAR HOLLY WOODLAWN
IN VERY BAD SHAPE IN LOS ANGELES



Everyone say a prayer for the Great Lady,
Holly Woodlawn, who is in the hospital,
She is talking about how "If I must die..." and whatnot,
which means it must be serious.

Years and years ago at red carpet events in Hollywood they would ask me ridiculous questions like ... "who is your favorite style icon?" and I would always say ... Holly Woodlawn of course! And they would look at me like who is that?! And I would look at them like ... You don't know who Holly Woodlawn is?!

My first encounter with her was very funny ... but for now, all I can say is that I recognized her out of drag, kissed her hand and allowed her to get away with a very expensive diamond ring. It was a great way to meet someone I idolized ... all the craziness you could ask for present, including myself as the lunatic who let it all happen.

I met her again a few times after, but never mentioned that we had met before. I'm just glad to have been there to help her out and make her feel like a star when she needed the glamour.

Now she needs us all to pull through for her.

Antinous bless you Miss Woodlawn



~ANTONIUS SUBIA

No comments:

Post a Comment